Pages

About Dear Bex

This is my place to speak to my daughter. She won't remember these early days in her life, and I want to make sure that I do! Plus, there's just so much I want to say to her and be sure she knows.

April 14, 2014

The News!

Dear Bex,

The Daddy and I have been talking about giving you a brother or sister for a little while now.  We went back and forth - you are SO much fun, and SO awesome and funny and we are SOOOO lucky - what if another baby isn't that same way? And I had a pretty hard time in the beginning after having you - were we ready to go through that all again?

In the end, we decided that we did want to press our luck for another baby - to hopefully have another as incredible as you are, and a sibling and best friend for you to have for life.

And in January, just after you turned 3, we learned that we would in fact be having a baby, in October.  We were sort of speechless - yes this is what we wanted, but the minute you find out it's really going to happen? Nothing prepares you for that.

We waited to make sure everything was going well, and then we got the fun of telling you.


Just after this (which cuts out annoyingly early due to low phone memory), you asked why we paused the TV. It was priceless, and exactly how The Daddy said it would go. Since then, you have really warmed up to the idea of being a big sister.  You love telling people that we're "getting a baby!", and tell me all the time that it's a girl that you'd like to name either A) Rebecca, B) Dina, C) Elsa or D) Jasmine.  Oh, and if it's a boy, which you adamantly tell us IT IS NOT, you will name him Poopy. Or Abu.

I am just about four months pregnant now, which means we have 5-6 months left - quite a bit of time.  My bump is totally showing (gotta love second pregnancies), and you have started patting it, asking to see it and just last week, talking to it. You said, "Hi there baby... hi little girl... Have a good dinner!" And this morning, you patted my belly and said "Hi in there... feel good!" which melted my heart.  It is moments like these, and me imagining you taking care of whoever is coming to join our family, that turn me into a bowl full of mush (and tears).  I am sure it will not all be as sweet as this, and there will be major adjustments for all four (!) of us, but I am beyond excited for every second.

I love you so much, baby girl.

Love always,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment