I realized that in the last post I wrote, I didn't even take the time to describe the awesome, hilarious things that you do on a daily basis. You, my love, crack. Me. Up. You say the most amazing things, have an imagination that I can only begin to decipher, and as I did say, remember EVERYthing. Here is a snapshot of what life has been like with you, just before you turn two.
- At Uncle Joe's house on Christmas Day you asked to sit on the big chair by their breakfast bar. You got situated, saw their coffee machine, and promptly asked, "Oh, can I have some coffee?"
- You were quiet one day last week, though making a soft noise every so often. I came over to investigate and found you with cat ears on, meowing to yourself.
- You wake up and immediately talk to all of your animals and toys - you ask for Thomas first and foremost, then make one of your five (!) loveys jump up and down while making their animal noise (usually it's Monkey).
- Once you have Thomas in your hands, anything goes - you talk to him, laugh at him, comfort him and often tell him, "No no no, Thomas, don't do daaaaat!"
- You get to Mimi and PopPop's house and immediately make a beeline upstairs for their huge Diego and Dora dolls - and proceed to carry them around the entire time we're there, asking if they need a new diaper, or telling them that it's okay and they don't have to cry.
- You are in love with a small statue of a yorkie at Grandma and Grumpa's that you have named "Dave the Dog." He even has tea parties with you at the little table and chairs that Grandma got you.
- You are currently obsessed with one episode of Dora entitled, "The South Pole" about a penguin. In Spanish, it's pinguino. You do not let an hour go by without asking in a sneaky little voice (which becomes increasingly more demanding) "can we watch pinguiiiiiiino?" and jump up and down repeatedly if we decide to say yes.
- If you see any character you recognize anywhere, it's like you've sighted a longlost best friend - this includes, but is not limited to, Thomas, Dora, Diego, Boots, Mickey, Minnie, anyone from Sesame Street, SpongeBob, Barney, Bob the Builder, Angelina Ballerina and many more. They can frequently be found at the grocery store on foods, at RiteAid on greeting cards, in the aisles at CVS on various products and on balloons that are at the florist section of a grocery store and / or checkout counters at many stores.
- Right now, you like if we do the same things as you - eating a meal together brings you great joy, as does when we all clap at the same time, or play hide and seek as a family, or even are all in the car together. You love being with us, and The Daddy and I just eat it up. You hug him often out of the blue, tell him he's so cute, and go through a list of people who are the nicest, smartest, funniest, cutest and best when we ask you to, varying your answers between yourself, The Daddy, Dina and me. Oh, and Thomas, of course.
- You love to feed yourself, though aren't 100% at it yet - it's a messy procedure sometimes, and we're trying to teach you that you shouldn't make a mess on purpose. It's not going so well, as you love to swirl your hands around quite energetically in your food once you're done eating, then throw your plate/bowl upside down onto either the table or the floor and toss your spoon/fork on the floor with your bib that you've ripped off. We're working on it.
- Along with dumping your leftover food out, you also like to dump... well, anything that is in any type of a container. We had lots of plastic food in a bin in your toy kitchen, but i've since taken the bin away becuase your favorite thing to do was not play with the food or pretend to cook it or give it out to people - it was just to dump that bin out. Loudly. Over and over. All over the place.
- You sing a LOT - theme songs to shows, songs from your music classes and CDs that we have, happy birthday - your little voice singing is one of my favorite noises in the world. It seems, though, that our voices are not YOUR favorite things - as you usually ask us not to sing (if by ask I mean you say NO NO NO NO NO when we start). You are picky about what song can be sung at any given time, and also about what you want to listen to, often asking for a new song in the car. Current favorites include Tingalayo, Down by the Station, I've Been Working on the Railroad, My Bonnie, The Goodbye Song, ABCs, Twinkle Twinkle, Alice the Camel and Five Little Monkeys. I'm like a DJ up there, switching CDs to accommodate your frequent requests.
- You heart bathies. You love playing with all of your toys, pretending to swim in the tub and dumping water from the little pitcher that we have in there all over yourself or us / the floor. You LOVE bubble baths, and doing splish splash (which again involves making a bit of a mess. I'm noticing a theme...)
Every day is an adventure with you, my loveygirl, and I love it more than anything in the world. I love YOU more than anything in the world.