Pages

About Dear Bex

This is my place to speak to my daughter. She won't remember these early days in her life, and I want to make sure that I do! Plus, there's just so much I want to say to her and be sure she knows.

September 21, 2011

Eight months old!

Dear Bex,

You are eight months old today - eight months! I can hardly believe it. The time really has flown, as cheesy and cliched as that sounds! People always told us that time would go by so quickly once you have kids, and I never realized it until recently - Bex, you're no longer a newborn, and seem so grown up now that you're moving places on your own, making decisions about what you want to do when, what to play with when and where you want to be... you are evolving into your own person with opinions that you are just starting to express and I love watching that process happened (though I didn't much mind the girl who happily played in one spot with whatever toy you gave her!).

Yesterday when I got home from work, you were behind the couch playing with Dina. I called to you, and as I walked over and said, "Where's my baby girl?" your tiny head just popped up as you stood to greet me - and you were smiling right at me! It was amazing, almost like we had rehearsed it! Even Dina was laughing.

You get so excited when you are happy that you rock back and forth on all fours, like you can't calm down enough to crawl or climb at that second. You pant like a doggie too, and it is the funniest thing - yesterday I panted back and you thought that was just hilarious! You also love when we kiss your stomach or neck repeatedly, and you squeal with delight.

But the best reaction you have is when The Daddy gets home from work. You can be exhausted and whiny and at the end of your rope, but you see him come through the door and your face lights up, breaks into a huge smile, and you're good to hang for another 15-20 minutes.

I love all of the minutes we get to spend together, and have loved you for all 348,480 minutes of your life so far. I can't wait for the millions and billions of more minutes we have...

I love you, baby girl!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment