Pages

About Dear Bex

This is my place to speak to my daughter. She won't remember these early days in her life, and I want to make sure that I do! Plus, there's just so much I want to say to her and be sure she knows.

September 13, 2011

Catching us up to now...

Dear Bex,

The maternity leave brings us up to when you were almost five months old... you were just getting on to your hands and knees and rocking back and forth, thinking about crawling.  You were napping three times a day, and just beginning to try solid foods like apples and bananas. You were a happy go lucky girl, who at six months would smile all the time and laugh - though not always like this!
Today, on The Daddy and my third anniversary, you are one week away from being eight months old.  You are an amazing, inquisitive, smiley, crawling machine. (Which you started doing the day after you turned seven months old, and the day before you cut your first tooth.) You pull yourself up on anything and everything - couches, the TV stand, us! You eat everything - peaches, pears, berries, peas, green beans, turkey, chicken... and we've just started experimenting with things for you to chew and suck on, like yogurt melts and puffs.  You also eat the foam tiles on our floor, all of your toys and other peoples, paper, books and anything you can get your mouth on! I like to think it's just because of your teething - was I right?!

You squeal with delight when The Daddy roughhouses with you and tosses you in the air, and when we flop you down on the bed and kiss your belly over and over.  You love when one of us walks into a room and leave whatever you are doing to crawl over to us.  You are the hit of all your playdates, as the oldest of all of The Mommy's friends' babies - they love seeing what they're about to get into next! You have hung out with Neve Aviv, Rylan Filiberti, Josie Pontelandolfo and Max and Lilly Silberman.You have Skyped with Sadie Whipple in London, and had a big cousins sleepover with Amanda and Ryan too!

We just took our first big family vacation to Georgia at the end of last month.  We flew out a night early because of Hurricane Irene, which gave me less time to freak out about taking you away, which is probably a good thing! Don't worry, I still managed to totally overpack your clothes, bathing suits and definitely toys!  But you were a champ the entire trip.  You were great on the plane down, sleeping on my chest until the last half hour when you woke up and smiled at everyone around us and played quietly.  You slept amazingly every night in your travel crib, loved being in the pool either in your float or carried by The Daddy or me.  You loved going in the ocean with The Daddy, whose greatest happiness was taking you in! I thought it was a bit too deep, but he knew he was alright, of course.  He'd never put you in danger, which I know, but it still raised my blood pressure just a bit! You came out for dinner with us every night, playing in your high chair and sometimes even acting better than the bigger kids did!  We were so nervous to go away with you, to see how you would do without your familiar surroundings and routine, but you were a dream baby, and it was an amazing trip.  I loved having you bond with your cousins and the whole family, and of  course Mimi and PopPop too.  I also loved having you to ourselves for a whole week straight, with no work distractions or plans! It is something I will look forward to every year.
 
 

I love you, baby girl!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment